- This event has passed.
Chase the (b)Ace presented by Regina Community Radio
January 6 @ 6:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Sunday, repeating until January 27, 2019
A classic Chase the Ace event every Sunday with the twist of being able to win a sweet Bass guitar!
Not sure what a Chase the Ace is?
Starting at 7 pm ticket sales begin, $5 a ticket, and the draw will be held at 9:15 pm. If your ticket is drawn, you immediately win a portion of the pot and get a chance to pick a card from the deck. The ACE OF SPADES is the card you want to “chase”. If you pick the ace of spades, the event is over and you win the entire pot and the bass guitar! If you choose any other card, that card is removed from the deck and the pot continues to grow!
Stick around after for live entertainment!!
If the Ace is drawn, we will start the event over the following Sunday with a new pot and run the event for 52 weeks.
Tickets can only be sold and purchased in Saskatchewan. Total retail prize $30,000. 10,000 tickets will be available. In the event of a venue change, the event will take place at the broken rack.
More details available at cjtr.ca.
Lottery licence number RR18-0305.
Rules of play below:
1. Chase the Ace tickets will be sold each Sunday evening at the Revival Music Room (2224 Dewdney Ave Regina, Saskatchewan). Alternate location is The Broken Rack (3806 Albert St, Regina, SK S4S 3R1).
2. Tickets will be sold at a cost of $5 per ticket from 7:00pm until 9:00. The draw for the winning ticket and a chance to draw the Ace of Spades will follow shortly after ticket sales end and once the money is counted. A designated draw supervisor will conduct the draw procedure.
3. Ticket sales are restricted to those 19 years of age and older. The Licensee, designated draw supervisor and the person drawing the ticket (to be noted each draw day) are not permitted to purchase tickets. All other volunteers, including ticket sellers are permitted to purchase tickets. Ticket sellers reserve the right to refuse sale of tickets.
4. Each participant is responsible for checking their purchased tickets at time of purchase to assure tickets have been properly separated and numbers are legible.
5. One winning ticket will be drawn for 20% of the daily ticket sales and a chance to draw the Ace of Spades from a deck of cards. 40% of the daily sales will go into the “Chase the Ace” jackpot (up to $30,000), and 40% of the daily sales will be provided to Regina Community Radio. The draw procedure will be visible for participants to see.
6. Both before and after the draw, the deck of cards will be displayed in such a manner as to confirm that the Ace of Spades is in the deck. Cards are to be shuffled, spread out on the table (face down) and mixed sufficiently. The ticket winner will then put one finger on the selected card. The draw supervisor will remove all surrounding cards while the ticket winner holds their finger on the selected card. Once the surrounding cards have been removed, the selected card will be turned over by the coordinator.
7. If the Ace of Spades is turned up, the winner receives the amount in the Chase the Ace jackpot, which also includes 20% of ticket sales for that day.
8. If the card drawn is not the Ace of Spades, the card is removed from the deck and cut in half. One half is discarded; the other half is posted for display each week. The 2 amounts in the Chase the Ace jackpot then carries forward to the next draw, adding another 20% of ticket sales the next week, and so on. The remaining deck will be secured in a locked safe at Revival.
9. The winning number will be announced verbally and displayed visually. The number will be called a minimum of 3 times during a fifteen minute time frame. If no winner comes forth within the fifteen minutes, the number will be announced as void and cannot be claimed later. A second ticket is drawn, etc.
10. Once the Ace of Spades is revealed, the game is concluded. This may occur during the first draw or any draw thereafter. Another game will be started until the licence expires.
11. In the event of cancellations, the event will move to the alternate location and then continue as usual on the following Sunday.
12. The contest will continue every Sunday until the Ace of Spades is drawn.
13. If you have purchased a ticket but cannot be present for the draw, you can assign a proxy which is to be named at the time of ticket purchase and written down on the ticket
14. If the draw comes down to 1 card (the ace) and all of the other cards have been drawn, the winner will win the prize, as well as the Bass guitar.
15. For promotional purposes, any Chase the Bass prize winner will automatically be deemed to grant the hosting groups a right to publish, through all types of media broadcasting, including internet, their full name, hometown and photograph without any claim for broadcasting, printing or other rights. Any winner who is paid a prize also gives the above noted organizers the right to publish any additional information that they voluntarily provide.
16. Play out Play- If the lottery licence is to expire and a winner has not been chosen, advance notice will be posted and a special draw day is announced to give the jackpot away to a ticket holder to end the game. On that special draw day, if the first person whose number is called doesn’t draw the Ace of Spades, another ticket will be drawn and that person will get a chance to pick the Ace of Spades, this will continue till the Ace of Spades is drawn. Only the first person picked will get the percentage of the daily sales. The others will have a chance at the jackpot only.